June 17, 2011

Mrs.Kelly Latour, Award Winner

I'm not usually one to toot my own horn, but today I am tooting like crazy! Wait, that sounds bad....oh well!
As all of you know I have recently moved to a new city and started a new job. The store I work at carries unique products for gifts and your home and we find that people come back again and again to see everything. Lots of people come in to pick out wedding presents because our stuff is so unusual. I had the pleasure of helping a lady find the perfect wedding gift via email in April and she wrote this lovely email to my bosses:
Such a great letter! And I love that she sent it in to my managers. I am still within the 3 month trial period, so this recommendation pretty much guarantees that they will keep me at the review meeting! What I didn't know is that she also sent it to Tourism Victoria's Hospitality Award program. They loved the letter too and selected me as the winner for the April!!! Yeah for winning an award!!!
Usually a standard work week involves coming in an hour early for 1 or 2 days a week to meet with sales reps. Well, last week one of the meetings was a fake. It was an awards ceremony instead. All of the managers knew what was happening but the rest of us were waiting to learn about rugs. 12 people from the Tourism Board came to present the award and congratulate me. It was incredible!
The Certificate
The Goodies
The Medal
Click here to see what the award is all about!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a fun day that must have been. Don't you love it when you go the extra mile and it actually pays off?

Way to do your job with style!

Sorry about posting anonymous. I can't seem to post with my google profile on blogger blogs with embedded comments. This is misssrobin. http://www.misssrobin.blogspot.com/