May 23, 2011

Breaking Even

We have been in Victoria for a bit over a month and are just starting to get up onto our feet money wise. Moving cost way more than I was expecting and then the span that we weren't working took a bigger toll. We were just getting to the point that we can catch up on last month's bills and this month's arrived. I am freaking out a little bit. Actually, I shouldn't say a little bit. I should say a lot. Sleep has become a novelty for me this last few weeks.
The thing that drives me the craziest is that I am so scared of the voices saying "I told you so". Leading up to our move we were told that we would fail, that we would move back to Edmonton and that we would beg for the life we had before we left. I am too stubborn to let that voice win. We will make this work and soon it will all be ok. I know it will. We sold a bunch of stuff that was going to collect dust in or storage locker downstairs and have been really careful planning out meals so we have food to last until cash flow improves. And in the meantime, the lack of sleep just gives me more time to re-list the items we're selling and respond to emails!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Sorry about the doubters. Ugh.

I'm glad you're noticing progress. You'll get there. And it will be all the sweeter when you do because it was difficult. It's all part of the adventure!