December 6, 2010

It's Monday and i'm in love....

Dark Grey Gloves with Lace Edge by Afra
I am always cold.....always! When we were in Greece for our honeymoon I still wore a jacket as soon as the sun went down and the temperature dipped below 30 degrees Celsius. At home in Edmonton I live for cozy sweaters and pretty layers, but sometimes the warm things get taken off for convenience sake.
And no matter what I invest in pretty gloves I always take them off to use my iPhone. One day I will buy one of the stylus pens that will let me answer the phone with my mitts on, but in the meantime, I want these!!!! Can you imagine? Warm hands while walking and using my phone??? AMAZING! Plus, they are so cute!!!!

I found these on Etsy and almost bought them for myself, but have made a no-shopping-for-me deal with myself for Christmas. I usually drive family nuts because I see things that I like or need and pick them up as I shop for everyone else. It seems like a fair plan, I am supposed to be shopping for others after all, but when I find that perfect item it's hard to walk away and hope they find it in a week or two when they starts their shopping trips.

The Book of Awesome.
  By Neil Pasricha in April 2010
  AEB/Putnam, a division of Penguin Publishing.

I did go against the rule and buy myself this great book. It is based on a blog that the author started about day to day things that make you smile. I was laughing so hard in Chapters that I had to take it home and read the rest of them. So far my favorite awesomes are:
-When you press the button for the elevator and it is already there.

- Strategic Trick or Treating
- Old, dangerous playground equipment.

So funny and such a great author! I am excited to get the rest of the way through it!

No comments: